Oxley Christian College uses various systems like Synergetic for our College Management System, SEQTA for our Learning Management System and Time Tabling Solutions for our timetable and daily organisation across areas of school operations.
The main focus of this role is to ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability across all our primary and secondary database systems, in accordance with our privacy protocols.
This role takes ownership of these systems and continues its development in line with the College’s needs and business focus.
Database Maintenance and Administration
- Maintain all organisation community records – staff, family and student, and Occupational Health and Safety information.
- Design, develop and amend reports via Microsoft Query and / or SQL Reporting Service and / or Crystal Reports and / or SEQTA Analysis ensuring the information displayed online / printed is clear and correct before issued.
- Provide ad hoc bulk update services for staff, family and student information to all teaching and administration staff.
- Respond to queries from members of the College community including staff and parents.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot SQL server high availability to ensure maximisation of performance and availability.
- Identify and consult with key stakeholders regarding emerging needs and opportunities to innovate.
- Collaborate on the development of information management systems, analytical tools, databases and web-based applications relevant to the College, including:
- Provide the technical lead on specific projects (such as monitor critical aspects of the solution and implementation, ensuring requirements are addressed).
- Communicate the technical aspects to all key stakeholders.
- Balance risk management issues alongside technical and design decisions.
- Administer and refine Microsoft reporting services and develop custom reports. (SSRS)
- Develop custom Crystal Reports within Synergetic.
- Develop custom reports with SEQTA Analysis and Jaspersoft Studio.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop, build and maintain data analysis tools taking into account current and future needs.
- Provide key input into the ongoing development of an overall data management strategy for the school.
- Monitor database backups and apply fixes as part of database performance monitoring.
- Provide data for Government reports including Census, Annual Return and funding purposes, company policy, procedures, practices and standards relating to document of records management.
- Manage data storage, retention, disposal and availability between campuses via Docman and other functionality and the use of electronic communication in relation to archiving. For example uploading of confidential documents to Docman.
- Manage SQL Server databases for the systems in the school.
- Assist with periodic compliance reviews and audits including the revision and amendment of Synergetic and SEQTA access levels and relevant documentation.
Other duties as requested by the ICT Services Manager and ultimately the Principal.
- A high level of computer literacy especially advanced knowledge of databases, Crystal Reporting, SQL Reporting Service, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Query, SEQTA Analyse, JasperSoft Solutions and Microsoft Excel.
- High-level technical database skills including sound ability to create and maintain objects such as databases, tables indexes, stored procedures and automated jobs.
- Data analytics skills and knowledge of business intelligence platforms highly regarded.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, solution and continuous improvement focus.
- Ability to train users 1:1 or groups.
- Excellent and careful attention to detail.
- Highly proficient interpersonal and written communication skills.
- High service orientation and ability to create solutions focused relationships with providers (Synergetic, SEQTA and others) to support continuous improvement.
- Confidentiality in all dealings, at all times.
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously, work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- A self-starter who is well organised.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, to produce work of a high quality, and to take responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work harmoniously in a small team environment.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, an education sector environment.
To be considered for this role, please complete the brief Non-Teaching Employment Application Form and submit as below. Applicants who choose not to submit an Application Form will not be contacted.
Closing date is Thursday, 7 April 2022.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the College will adhere to the directions of the Victorian Chief Health Officer and any other relevant directions of the Victorian or Australian governments, including mandated vaccinations.
The College will also operate in accordance with the Operations Guide issued from time-to-time by the Victorian Department of Education and Training.
A cover letter, completed Application Form and CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: In accordance with the ethos of the College, the College will comply with the requirements of the Child Safe Standards as initiated by Ministerial Order 870 issued by the Victorian Minister of Education in 2015.