Mathematics education is a core part of preparing students to operate successfully in society. We assist each student to better grasp the elegance and usefulness of Mathematics in every day life, and it can add to student’s appreciation of God and the wonders of His creation.
Students will be able to:
- Show understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in each topic.
- Make appropriate use of technology such as scientific calculators.
- Apply mathematical skills to practical situations.
- This course is designed to further consolidate and develop the students’ understanding of mathematical thinking and its usefulness in solving a wide range of everyday problems. Studies in Integers, Indices, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Algebra, Ratios, Rate, Measurement, Linear Relationships, Geometry, Statistics and Probability are undertaken.
Assessment tasks for each course include:
- Maths Mate homework sheets and tests
- Topic tests
- Investigative projects
- Problem solving tasks
- Semester examination