A semester-long optional subject for Year 8 students, either in first or second semester.
This subject encompasses the areas of three dimensional art making through the use of a variety of materials and techniques. Students use observation and imagination to develop art works that explore ideas or have a thematic base. Ideas are researched, recorded and developed through sketches and final drawings. They continue to expand on methods of problem solving and working individually, alongside others in a cooperative way. Through their art making experience students develop manipulative skills, higher level psychomotor coordination along with technical knowledge and concepts of spatial relations.
- To produce works of art from various starting points that reflects expression of skills, imagination and creativity.
- To gain technical understanding and experience of art making processes involving use of a variety of media and tools.
- To identify the arrangement and use of art elements and principles.
- Painted Platter or Vase
- Clay Modelling
- Clay Slab Constructed House
- Criteria based assessment is applied for each art making exercise, allowing students to see the areas where they have done well or need to improve. The areas of assessment include demonstration of skill in the use of appropriate tools and media, application of the design process in exploring and developing of ideas and displaying creativity and imagination.