Each student is an individual with God given gifts and personality which equips them for life, including work. The overall purpose of this course includes assisting students with self-development, career exploration and career management.
- Where students will think about their abilities, interests, values and personality and how they will affect their future goals and opportunities in further education, training and employment.
- Through understanding their strengths and identifying areas for improvement they can build skills to achieve the goals they set for themselves.
- Where students will explore and consider how their academic performance and subject selection plays a big part in their future career options.
- Where students will think about their learning and experiences in and out of school and how they can impact on your future choices. This will include a week of Work Experience and Job Search Day.
- Students will learn where to find career information resources to explore to make good choices.
- Students will further develop their education and personal goals, think about their next steps and begin to develop networks and strategies to assist them in their career development.
- Complete activities to explore their abilities, interests, values and personality as related to future goals.
- Research a career including tasks involved , work conditions, personal attributes, educational requirements, employment prospects.
- Participate in a Work Experience including arranging the work placement and completing safe@work activities.
- Explore different career pathways and make VCE subject choices or consider other educational options.
- Prepare a Job Search Portfolio including an application letter, resume and supporting documents.
- Train to answer interview questions and then participate in a mock individual and group interview.
- Career Work Book including self-development activities
- Career Research Project
- Work Experience preparation
- Work Experience book and employer’s report
- Job Search Day Portfolio and interview report